Doing what you wished you had done all along
This year I began a quest to read the bible and understand the words and theology written within these pages that have withstood two thousand years. To not know the bible and to not read the bible shows our heavenly father we don’t care to know more about him. It also shows others that we don’t care about them, the bible, or god. I wished I would have spent more time sooner reading God’s word. Knowing what he wants for my life and spending time in prayer are now critical points in my week. I am trying my hardest to make them daily habits. There are so many situations and biblical characters to learn from. The same issues that existed for God’s people still exist today. I was recently told by fellow brother in Christ that that the ten commandments didn’t matter and were meant for people that lived ages ago. Think about how our world would change if these were obeyed just by the people that profess Christ.
Today is September 23, 2011 and these are the headlines of the www.ajc.com (Atlanta Journal Constitution)
Parents of 5-month old who weighed 6 pounds waive court appearance. 1:42 p.m.
- King estate sues TV anchor 1:21 p.m.
- Standoff at Norcross hotel 2:31 p.m.
- Weekend: Football, music, traffic | Rain
- Toll lanes to make traffic worse
- Teen killed in car wreck 1:51 p.m.
- Woman sues over massage 2:22 p.m.
- Cops: Teen girls rob Tybee tourists
- DC suspects hiding in Atlanta
- Dem. power couple getting divorced
- NBA cancels preseason 1:01 p.m.
- Preacher accused of molesting child
- Postal workers plan rally
- Man smoking on oxygen sparks fire
- Georgia Club sold for $10M
- Roads still closed in Gwinnett
Our country needs God word please read it for yourself show others by doing. When we begin to turn to God we read in the bible that he heals and will hear our prayers. 2 Chronicles 7:14 The ten 15 minutes you spend with God will not be wasted and you won’t regret it. I admit I am now finally doing what I wish I would have been doing all along.